Wednesday, September 7, 2011

An Ugly Picture of Me


And from the Ugly Pictures of Me Department, here's a real beauty that was taken last Sunday during the book launch of The Hidden World of Huckleberry Rock.

The two good-looking people on either side of me are author Andrew Wagner-Chazalon and photographer Bev McMullen. They hosted a rather nice shin-dig over at a fancy schmancy golf club ... the kind of place where they might frisk you at the front gate to see if you're rich or you're rabble. Nice place, yes, but man it was hotter than the hounds of hell in there. You mean to say you can afford to build a place like that but you can't afford air conditioning? I was dripping sweat. The back of my hair was soaked. Perspiration was running off my chin like a leaky faucet.

And there I was hobnobbing with people I'd never met before, introducing myself with soaking wet enthusiasm to people I have long admired. There was fellow blogger Malcolm Robertson, cool as a cucumber, and there I was all fat and flustered and soaked, goofily trying to be cool, and there was that look in Malcolm's eyes – that scared look like he was dealing with a lunatic. You know the look, right? You don't? Well, I'm pretty familiar with it. If you looked as bad as me, you'd know it, too.

Oh, and what's with my t-shirt? Why's it hanging all funny like that? It looks like I'm wearing a flour sack. OMG, and the neck is all stretched funny. Andrew and Bev are probably thinking, who is this flour-sack-wearing hick dripping sweat all over our shoulders? And why won't my eyes open?

To think I lost 19 pounds before this picture was taken. Can you imagine what I looked like before??? GAK.

By the way, the book is Fab. You. Luss. You can buy it at the Muskoka Bookhouse in Bracebridge or by going online at www.muskokabookhouse.com. I promise, there are no ugly pictures of me in it.

3 comments:

  1. Cathy, you're a hottie no matter what darlin'!! But I've been there...many many times. In fact, before I got married, I burned all the ugly pictures of me...only to come home one night upon my darling dad showing my betrothed all of HIS copies of my ugly...sigh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, you're a beautiful person! What fun. Andrew has really support the Habitat Muskoka work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 19 pounds!?! No wonder your shirt is hanging off you. Holy crow.

    I think I've seen this fancy golf course. From the outside, obviously. They don't let rabble like me in.

    ReplyDelete

How's it going, eh? It's SO good to hear from you. Tell me every darn thing...